Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jeff Probst will return to Survivor

Jeff Probst announced via his Twitter page that he has signed a deal with CBS to return for 2 more editions of 'Survivor.'

"Survivor fans: I'm jazzed and wanted to share with you guys first," Probst tweeted, no doubt from a secret jungle hideaway. "I'll be back snuffing torches for two more seasons (21&22) of Survivor."

"What has kept me interested in 'Survivor' for 20 seasons is the study of human nature," Probst told EW. "How we justify our ethics, and watching what happens to people when they are put in situations of extreme conflict. Sometimes it's hard to watch, and sometimes it's enjoyable to watch, but it is always interesting to watch."

It is worth noting that Probst only re-signed for one year (two seasons) rather than the usual two-year, four-season agreements he has signed in the past. Still, if nothing else, the arrangement gives the network more time to plan for the previously unthinkable: 'Survivor" without Jeff Probst. Not that the host is worried about that either.

"I have always said that my belief is that the star of 'Survivor' is 'Survivor,'" he told Entertainment Weekly. "It is the format. So yes, if there came a point where I decided I was leaving 'Survivor,' I absolutely believe someone else could take over."

No comments:

Post a Comment