Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mr. Cunningham, Tom Bosley, dies at 83

Tom Bosley, best known as the beloved Mr. Cunningham on TV's iconic series 'Happy Days', has died at the age of 83.

The family says Bosley died of heart failure at 4 a.m. Tuesday at a hospital near his Palm Springs home.  TMZ reported that the actor died of a staph infection.

Bosley's agent, Sheryl Abrams, says he was also battling lung cancer.

Actor/Director Ron Howard said, "I'm so saddened by the loss of our wonderful Tom Bosley. Remarkable on so many levels, Tom's insight, talent, strength of character and comic timing made him a vital central figure in the Happy Days experience.   A great father and husband, and a wonderful artist, Tom lead by example, and made us all laugh while he was doing it.   My last conversations with Tom reflected the love of life and peace of mind that he always maintained throughout his full and rewarding life.  I miss him already."

Actor Henry Winkler, who played Arthur Fonzarelli on 'Happy Days' says he's shocked to hear the news.

"I'm just in shock, I really am," Winkler told KNX 1070 News Radio.   "I spoke to him just a few weeks ago and he seemed to be getting his strength back," he said.

Scott Baio, who played Chachi said,  "He was a good man who taught me a lot about the business and business itself. He was a professional guy ... I'm sad."

He's survived by his wife, actress Patricia Carr, daughter Amy and three grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment