Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Emmy Predictions

With the Emmy's just hours away, here are my predictions for tonight's ceremony...


Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

This is really a tough category.   I think you might see Tony Hale go home with the gold in this category and he is a worthy winner for 'Veep'.  Ed O'Neill could sneak in with a win here too.

Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

My pick here would be Mayim Bialik from 'The Big Bang Theory'.  She turned a character who was downright annoying at first, into a very funny and endearing performance.  She's a long shot to be sure, but she is who I would pick.  But as to who I think WILL win?  Look for Julie Bowen to repeat for 'Modern Family'.

Lead Actress in a Comedy Series

As long as it's not Lena Dunham here, I'll be happy.  My choice would be Julia Louis-Dreyfus to repeat for her brilliant work on 'Veep'.  But I think we may see Amy Poehler get a well deserved win for 'Parks and Recreation'.

Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

Tough category.  My choice would be Jason Bateman for 'Arrested Development'.  He just kills it as Michael Bluth.  Even though the return of AD was a little underwhelming, Bateman was excellent as always. Not only is he my choice but I think he WILL win as well.  Like I said though, tough category.

Best Comedy Series

My choice here would be 'The Big Bang Theory'.  This show has overtaken 'Modern Family' as the funniest show on television and should be rewarded.  However I think we still might see 'Modern Family' repeat as the winner.

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

In my opinion, this is between two actors.  Aaron Paul and Jonathan Banks, both for 'Breaking Bad'.  If I was choosing, I would give it to Jonathan Banks, he really deserves it and will not get another nomination for this role, and Aaron Paul has already won twice.  I think Aaron Paul WILL win though and take home his 3rd Emmy for his role as Jesse Pinkman.

Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Another tough pick, but my choice would be Anna Gunn for 'Breaking Bad'.  She has really come into her own the last year as her character of Skylar White has developed into one of the best female characters on TV.  Gunn is also my choice as to who I think WILL win.

Lead Actress in a Drama Series

My choice here is easy.  It would be Vera Farmiga for 'Bates Motel'.  Her performance as Norman Bates mother, Norma, was one of the best performances of the TV season.  I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that she WILL take home the award.  There has been a recent buzz for Kerry Washington to win for 'Scandal' but i just don't see it.  If anything, Claire Danes could repeat for 'Homeland'.

Lead Actor in a Drama Series

This is a slam dunk category in my opinion.  Bryan Cranston WILL win his 4th Emmy for his portrayal of the chemistry teacher turned drug kingpin, Walter White.  I will truly be shocked if anyone else wins.

Best Drama Series

It's going to be a 'Breaking Bad' night.  Look for 'Breaking Bad' to take home top honors tonight.  There really is no other choice.  "Breaking Bad' has been in the forefront lately and fresh in voters minds, so it should really be a no-brainer.

That's all everyone, let me know what you think.  Enjoy the show tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Impressive. Very accurate analysis. A lot of who you said WOULD win, did. Cranston was robbed, I agree.

    ReplyDelete