Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Emmy Wish List Part 5: Best Comedy Series

So now we're up to my wish list for Best Comedy Series.  I know 30 Rock will be nominated, thats a lock.  Quite frankly it shouldn't be.  30 Rock did not have a great year.  Here is a few that I would like to see nominated.

Modern Family - To put it simply, 'Modern Family' is the best comedy on TV right now, hands down.  I'd be very surprised if it was overlooked.  It deserves to be nominated and I think it will be.  No other show packed in more laughs per episode than this show did.


Glee - For 'Glee' to do what it did was not easy.  To make a musical TV show a smash hit should have been a very hard thing to do.  But that's just what they did.  I think 'Glee' will get a ton of nominations, and it should.  It takes risks that pay off and the risks should be rewarded.


Chuck - 'Chuck' is not your typical comedy.  Like 'Glee' it is of the hour-long variety.  It is not a sitcom.  It mixes dramatic elements with great action sequences and give some really good laughs too.  It is the most consistently entertaining show on TV right now.  Hopefully it gets its due.


Next we'll cover the Best Drama Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment