Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Emmy Wish List Part 6: Best Drama Series

In the final part of my 6 part series on who I would like to see nominated for this years Prime Time Emmy's we're going to talk about Best Drama Series. 

Before we go into that, many people have said "How could you leave out _________?" , when discussing the other categories.  The whole idea behind this series was to give my ideal list of who I would like to see nominated.  I realize that some actors/shows will be nominated.  If I named everyone I wanted, the list would be 2 pages long.  These are more the people who may have a longer shot this year to be nominated and who haven't been recognized as much in recent years. 

With that being said, here is my wish list for Best Drama Series.

Lost - 'Lost' hasn't been ignored over the years. It has won twice in the Best Supporting Actor category, and a Best Drama win in 2005.  However it does feel that it just hasn't got the Emmy recognition that it deserves.  I've said it many times before, 'Lost' consistently proved that it had the best acting and writing on TV, week after week.  This is the final go-round for this amazing series and I hope the academy gives it the proper recognition.

Parenthood - For my money, this was the best new drama series on this season.  An amazing ensemble cast, led by Peter Krause and Lauren Graham, and a very good writing team bring this series to life.  You can say that there are better shows out there, but none with more heart than 'Parenthood.'

Southland - When NBC decided to cancel this fine drama series in order to move Jay Leno to 10 pm, many eyebrows were raised.  The show had garnered much praise from critics and fans alike.  TNT quickly came in and decided to pick it up.  What they got was a gritty, well produced, police drama reminiscent of great shows like 'NYPD Blue' and 'Homicide.'  I'd like to see it get some recognition.

So the nominations will be out tomorrow, July 8th.  I hope many of the people and shows I have discussed in this series have something to be happy about.  There are others that I haven't mentioned that I would be perfectly fine with getting some accolades, such as 'The Big Bang Theory' for best comedy series, Regina King for Best Actress in a Drama series for 'Southland', or 'Justified' for best drama series.  And I'd also like to add here that in the Best Reality Competition Series category that 'Survivor' should win hands down.  After 20 seasons, it produced it's best and most exciting season yet with Heroes vs. Villains.  The granddaddy of all reality shows proved why it is still king.   'Amazing Race' better not win again this year.

Whoever is nominated tomorrow, there will definitely be alot to talk about.  I'll let you know who and what were recognized when the nominations are announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment