Friday, May 14, 2010

ABC gives V another season

A surprise announcement, in my opinion, coming from ABC.  The network has decided to give the sci-fi series 'V' another season.


Considered to be on the chopping block for the last several weeks, the show averaged 10 million viewers a week for ABC in its original Tuesday at 8 p.m. timeslot, but quickly fell to a 6 million per week at 10 p.m. following 'Lost,' losing huge chunks of that audience.  Dropping from a 6.7 in the key 18-49 demo to a 3.8.

Personally, I think 'FlashForward' was the show that ABC should have saved.  Much better writing, and a superior cast.   


No word yet on whether the renewal is for 13 episodes or a full 22 episode season.

1 comment:

  1. I watch both shows and I agree. I think it comes down to the competition on Thursday (Flash Forward) and the lead-in from Lost (V). If Flash Forward was on Tuesdays after Lost, I think it would have been better. Even though the acting is poor on Flash Forward, I think the stories/characters are more interesting.

    ReplyDelete