Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lee DeWyze is the new American Idol

The most lackluster season of American Idol came to a close last night, and underdog Lee DeWyze was crowned the winner over the favorite Crystal Bowersox.

Whether he actually deserved to win or not is another story altogether.  Personally, I think Crystal was the better singer, not even close.  However as we have learned in the past from watching Idol this isn't strictly a singing competition.  It's also about image.  Apprently viewers felt Lee's image was more Idol-like than Crystal's.

After host Ryan Seacrest revealed him as the winner, an emotional DeWyze performed his rendition of U2's "Beautiful Day" while sparklers and confetti rained down from the rafters at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles.
The finale also marked the end of Simon Cowell's nine-season run on the show as the often-critical and sometimes foul-tempered head judge many contestants both feared and respected.

"Idol" winners from previous seasons, including Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks and Kris Allen, took to the stage to give Cowell a musical sendoff, while former judge Paula Abdul returned to wish him well, saying that working with Cowell gave her "immeasurable joy."  "I've loved all the fun we had together. 'American Idol' is not going to be the same without you," she said.

"I didn't think I would be this emotional, but I genuinely am," Cowell said

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Great post. I think Crystal is a better Artist and I hope she produces an album so I can buy it.
    This is my first time reading your blog I like it.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Olivia. Tell your friends!! I'm also on twitter and facebook.

    ReplyDelete