Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fox cancels 'Til Death

Fox confirmed today that they have cancelled 'Til Death.'

Fox actually informed Sony and the show's cast and crew a few weeks ago that it wouldn't pick up any more episodes. Brad Garrett confirmed the news:

"The other night, we got an 0.8 [rating]," Garrett reports in his famously deep voice. "Once your mom stops watching, you're an 0.4. The network said, 'What do you suggest?' I said, 'If you give me one more month, I can take you to a zero.' And there was dead silence."

Garrett adds that others who were involved in "'Til Death" have moved on to other projects: "After year two, when you're getting beat by Telemundo, it's time to go home. I mean, even the show my housekeeper watches was beating the show that was paying her salary. I'd come in the room, and she'd quickly turn off Telemundo."

The show also underwent a producer change in its final season. Don Reo, Dean Lorey, Glenn Robbins, Doug Wald and Garrett exec produce for Sony Pictures TV. "'Til Death" was originally created by Josh Goldsmith and Cathy Yuspa.

No comments:

Post a Comment